Tuesday 24 January 2012

Thou shalt not covet thy daughter's doll

My daughter - my only daughter - was 1 this week.

Her carers at nursery have been telling me for the last month 'she wants a doll'. Apparently she is very maternal and screams when her dolls are taken away.

I thought she just liked cars and stress balls.

Anyway, if I was going to buy her a doll it was going to be special. So I got her a beautifully put together, quirky, completely delicious Moulin Roty ragdoll. Here she is:


AND NOW I WANT IT

But she’s 1 and you shouldn’t take toys from a baby.

But I think she really does prefer the stress ball.

 *puts doll in inside pocket of work coat and runs off*


1 comment:

  1. This is exactly why we have kids. When asked by a midwife at an ante natal class "Any Questions?" I put my hand up and asked "If we have a girl - can I still buy her Scarelextric?" There was much relief among the men in the room when the answer came back affirmative. I've also, on occasion, let my boys play with their own Lego.

    ReplyDelete