Tuesday 4 December 2012

Shop local this Christmas (says the OH)

My husband came out with a good reason to shop local today. He’s insisting on buying our son’s bike from a local shop he uses regularly, not online or on the high street.
“Because next time I need my bike repairing, I need that shop to be there – not closed down because we bought a bike online to save a few quid.”
Good point, well made. Turns out it’s only a fiver dearer in his shop anyway, plus it’s assembled, there's no P&P, I don’t have to stay at home between 8 and 4 and we can keep going back every time it needs something doing.
Shop local.

3 comments:

  1. especially true with pick an mix I believe -- oh shop on line, everyone said, it's cheaper, they said... And where is Woolworths now???? I hope people are proud of themselves...

    ReplyDelete